After another day of work I added API wrappers for some of the available CodePage converter C-API calls. At the end I hope, that better codepage support and conversion routines from/to UTF-16 (DBString)
The methods are located in the class UConverter of MSKICUApp. An instance of UConverter allows you to convert strings from a specific codepage to Unicode (UTF-16) and back.
I also added three converter instances: one for UTF-8, one for the platform and one for VA. Therefore three converters will be available after executing UConverter class >> #initializeDefaultConverters.
This is work-under-development. Available at vastgoodies.com