I have a wish, that there might be a Gemstone/S day at ESUG next year – with more content/presentations/Talks around that product. Perhaps user cases, how development is done and what has been achieved over the years ?
I know that there are many, many interesting projects out there and I would like to hear and see those projects – presented in talks.
And there are more topics around this technology I would like to here about. Some of the topics I would consider:
- Jade – how does the interaction with Gemstone/S works
- Jade – extending the Dolphin UI with special own needs
- tODE – current state and presentation
- Using indexes under Gemstone/S – problems, pitfalls and all that stuff
- Special concurrency support: RC-Classes, Counters
- Events from GEMs to GEMs, why, where and how
- Administration Task – Starting, Stopping, Backup, Restore, Updating
- Short introduction into the C programming of Gemstone/S
- How does it work Java and Smalltalk against one stone
- Development model under Gemstone
That are the topics I would like to hear about …
Further ideas ?????