Even though I have not posted anything since October – we were working hard to rollout out our CATI-application to a customer – we did this just before Christmas to stay in the project timetable.
We switched to Gemstone/S 3.4.0 as our base development/deployment system. Several changes have been done since then:
- The Python code generator had to be rewritten to be similar to the C#, ExtJS and Java generators – so the programming model ist now very similar on each platform. We decided NOT to follow the general Python principle – but to make function names equal on all supported languages
- The first Java application has been integrated into our Gemstone/S system and is now using the PUM API/Model. We went through two iterations until our developers accepted the generated code.
- On the modelling tool side – we were switching to VA Smalltalk 9.0.
Now we have four languages in our project and this seems to be getting a normal approach for all developers in this project. This is a good indication.